What is Free Sail?
Free Sail is a fun, free way to see if sailing is right for YOU. You will be able to use any of the yacht clubs junior boats and sail with someone who has been in the high school program for years. No experience or sailing gear is needed, just come on down and we will teach you everything we know!
The event is from 1-4 on almost every Sunday afternoon (see below for more details) at the Austin Yacht Club. If your already a member at the Austin Yacht Club then you can just show up, if you aren't then no problem, just follow the steps below!
How to get started:
All you need to do to sign up to our free fun sail is in the 3 easy steps below!
- Fill out our quick, easy google form to schedule your own free sail.
- Print out and fill out a simple liability form.
- Wait for us to quickly email you back about when we can take you out and who you will be sailing with (as well as more details).
What to bring:
- For boys and girls we recommend athletic shorts and performance shirts or other shirts that can get wet
- If you have any sort of gloves that you don't care about them getting wet, then you may bring them, if not its not a problem
- A life jacket (there will also be life jackets provided)
Parents are welcome to stay at the pavilion to watch their kids if they want to, but are not required to stay. We will have a US certified sailing coach with a motor boat supervising the free sail.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact any one of our coaches or organizers below